Tuesday, August 05, 2008

San Diego, Las Vegas and a lot of Driving


Using the amenities ;-)


TV in the bathroom mirror


Vegas at day- and nighttime


Yesterday we arrived in Seattle. Until now the trip was pretty nice. I didn't take that many pictures yet since I've already been in San Diego and Las Vegas. However, in San Diego we additionally were in Sea World. I didn't like it that much. Actually, I think the purpose of this place originally was educational. Like all the other aquariums I've been so far. However, Sea World is more like a Disney Land than an aquarium. There are Rollercoasters and even a 4D theater that has absolutely nothing to do with sea animals. It's about the sesame street and absolutely childish. After that I also understood why the entrance is a whooping 61 dollars. Also very nice was the beginning of the Shamu show when american soldiers were praised. Come on, please spare me!!! In the evening we went out with some people from the Hostel. Was pretty funny. Despite jet lag I was able to enjoy the night in San Diego.
Next day we had to leave early and headed to Las Vegas, to the city where all illusions come true. The stay in Vegas was not cheap at all and set me back pretty badly. So now I have to save some money. However, for a few days we could live the life. We stayed in a junior suite in the Trump international and MGM Signature. Price per night, 100 dollars per person. For this money you get not even a 3 star in Zürich. And the Hotels were just crazy. Jacuzy, small flatscreen in the mirror of the bathroom, kitchenette, a phantastic view and much more. Very enjoyable. Furthermore we visited the show "Phantom", a Vegas copy of Phantom of the Opera and of course went gambling. However, I just gambled during one hour or so, then I left. With 100 dollars more. Not bad, since I just played with very little money.
Actually it was planned to leave Vegas after one night, at the end we stayed three. That's why we had to make our way up to Seattle in a damn rush. We started at about 3pm, stopped at a motel 2am, started again at about 10am and arrived in Seattle at 11pm. So one whole day just driving, about the same distance as driving from Lisabon to Köln. But the scenery was really amazing. Sadly we didn't have time to make stops for sightseeing. Anyway, today we will have a look around Seattle and already leave to Vancouver in the evening. However, we'll come back to Seattle for one, two days before we have to catch our flight to Buffalo, NY.

No comments: